- Energy efficient – offer up to four times the insulating R-Value of wood.*
- Require minimal maintenance – won’t warp or rot like wood, or dent or rust like steel.
- Offer beautiful wood-grain or smooth finish looks – can be stained or painted.
- Feel warm and inviting to the touch – like a real wood door.
- Offer the best advantages of wood and steel – without the limitations.
- Energy efficient – offer good insulating value.
- Less maintenance, depending on the environment – won’t warp or rot like wood.
- Can be less expensive.
- Easily dented and scratched – which can lead to rust.
- Can only be painted, not stained – and paint chipping can be common.
- Conduct temperature – can feel cold or hot to the touch.
- Offer beautiful wood grains for a high-end look – can be stained or painted.
- Feel warm and inviting to the touch.
- Scratches can be easily repaired.
If you have questions or would like more information you can always reach us via phone at 410-618-3100 or at info@BuilderUp.com
- Require regular maintenance. The finish will fade – refinishing recommended every 1–2 years.
- Absorb moisture – which can cause the finish to peel or bubble, and doors to warp or rot.
- Least energy-efficient option compared to our fiberglass and steel doors.
- Can be more expensive.