ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Warehouse Delivery Professional delivers customer product in a timely and professional manner, while ensuring the safe and technically proficient operation of the vehicle.
- Deliver customer ordered product to a job site in a safe and timely manner and unload. Product consists of lifting up to 100 pounds from truck to job site (Windows, Doors, Lumber, Etc.) while providing excellent customer service and adhering to company policies on delivery procedures.
- Inspect delivery load to ensure that it is correctly secured and within DOT guidelines for safe over the road travel.
- Confirm the load is complete and accurate corresponding to the delivery ticket.
- Clean all parts of the truck prior to travel, including the cab and truck bed.
- Always get out and inspect job site before entering. Safely maneuver truck at the customer’s job site. Contact Safety when problems arise to resolve.
- Perform all pre and post-trip inspections and complete daily inspection reports.
- Maintain positive relationships with all employees, customers and members of the community in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure that the customer understands all forms to be signed and make sure to receive the proper signature from the customer on the delivery ticket and any other pertinent release forms.
- Operate a forklift/Moffit daily to assist in warehouse yard material movement or loading.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner. Follow proper procedures and complete required documentation if an accident or injury occurs. Notify manager or Safety Department as required.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules set forth by the company and governmental regulatory agencies (FMCSR, DOT, etc.). Notify the manager or the Safety Department immediately of any potential or current safety problems.
- Wear required PPE.
- Follow all environmental regulations and clean up any excess material that could cause environmental problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist as needed in the training process with new hires.
- Assist with the clean-up of material spills.
- Fill in for colleagues as needed in the warehouse.
- Work time will be outdoors/field and indoor/warehouse.
- Exposure to chemicals such as truck cleaner, fuel, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be moderate to loud.
- Lift a maximum weight of 100 lbs.
- Push/Pull up to 25 lbs.
- Sit up to 6 hours per day; walk or stand up to 4 hours per day.
- Climb repetitively in and out of the truck.
- Experience and/or formal training operating a CDL vehicle.
- Written communication, verbal communication, and basic mathematical skills.
- Basic computer knowledge. Ability to learn and use the Apps for Work Processes, iPad, Google Maps and company software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid CDL Class A License or Class B with Airbrakes with a clean driving record.
- Valid DOT physical and certification.
- CPR/First Aid (preferred).
Industry Related Experience or Skills:
Education Required: High School
Preferred Education: N/A
Bilingual in Spanish Preferred: Yes